Parhad Program Information
- Open to emerging global citizens 18 years and older
- Resident of Calgary and surrounding area
- Demonstrated commitment to understanding conditions that affect the health and well-being of communities through education, employment and/or volunteering experiences
- Participate in a pre-departure orientation program
- Placement activities as agreed to between researcher and host organizations
- Send frequent updates on placement activities. These may take the form of a text or video blog, email correspondence, etc.
- Complete a minimum of one public presentation on his or her experiences both in the location of their placement and upon their return to Canada
- Produce a final reflection on experiences and observations upon return.
- Produce a final research paper / multimedia report
- Commit to volunteering for the CCGC for a period of 6-8 months following the placement.
- Applicants are responsible for arranging their placements and for verifying the legitimacy and quality of the agency that will host them.
- The applications are accepted until the end of February each year. Placements must be completed between April and September.
- The Parhad Research Program is not intended to fund participation in international Field School or Study Tour programs at the University of Calgary or Mount Royal University.
- Funding is for research and capacity building. It cannot be used for program operational costs of or for the host organization.